Social Media and Editorial Interns
Interns will have the opportunity to cover concerts and media events, interact with artists, receive advance copies of upcoming music and write bylined pieces for online publication. All interns will also be considered for long-term positions, and have the opportunity to do some work from home.
Social media interns will engage both current and prospective readers via multiple social media platforms.
- Experience with Twitter (particularly via TweetDeck), Facebook and Instagram, preferably in a business context, is essential.
- Candidate must have strong media skills, an active social media presence, and an interest in American music (roots, blues, jazz, rock, folk and country).
Editorial interns will perform various duties—gaining valuable, transferrable experience— including:
- Write original content for online publication, including news blurbs, album and show reviews and upcoming show announcements.
- Copyedit and format (using WordPress) content for online publication.
- Research stories, transcribe interviews.
- Perform occasional administrative duties.
- Communications/Media/Journalism, Music and English majors welcome. You may be eligible to receive college credit for this internship.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Please send a resume, published clips (if applicable) and a brief explanation of your interest in either the social media or editorial position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freelance Writers and Photographers
Elmore is currently accepting new freelance writers and photographers to cover albums and live shows as well as submit pitches for features and columns. We’re looking for concise, thoughtful pieces that provide both insight into the music and its larger context. Writers and photographers must be able to work on tight deadlines (about a week for album reviews and about a day for live shows). If you’re interested in writing or photographing for Elmore, please send a resume and clips to email@example.com.