Rolling Stone reports that singer/songwriter John Fogerty will release his long-awaited duets album, Wrote A Song For Everyone, in May of this year. The album, which Fogerty spent much of last year working on, features guest appearances from, among others, Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, and Miranda Lambert.
Fogerty claimed that his wife Julie was the person who gave him the idea to record a duets album. He also claimed that the songs on the album would sound similar to their classic counterparts, but with a different twist provided by the guest performers; for example, while he claimed that the Foo Fighters’ rendition of “Fortunate Son” wasn’t markedly different from the Creedence version, he did say that the Foos added their own “unique energy” to the song.
Once the album comes out, Fogerty plans to go on tour to support it. No official dates have been planned, but it wouldn’t be surprising if he pulls a guest or two onstage at his shows.
Wrote A Song For Everyone tracklist:
1. “Fortunate Son” (with Foo Fighters)
2. “Almost Saturday Night” (with Keith Urban)
3. “Lodi” (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. “Mystic Highway” (John Fogerty solo)
5. “Wrote a Song for Everyone” (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. “Bad Moon Rising” (with Zac Brown Band)
7. “Long as I Can See the Light” (with My Morning Jacket)
8. “Born on the Bayou” (with Kid Rock)
9. “Train of Fools” (John Fogerty solo)
10. “Someday Never Comes” (with Dawes)
11. “Who’ll Stop the Rain” (with Bob Seger)
12. “Hot Rod Heart” (with Brad Paisley)
13. “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” (with Alan Jackson)
14. “Proud Mary” (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)